Absence Request Form
The Absence Request Form is available below free to download and print.
This form can be used to record absences for paid employees and/or volunteers in your church and then file and keep in the employee's file for future purposes.
The church employee can use this form for requesting a formal leave of absence or for even requesting an extension to their existing leave of absence.
The Absence Request Employee Report below can be used to track church employee's absences and includes:
- Employee's Name - Insert employee's name.
- Employee's ID Number - Insert employee's ID number.
- Employee's Department - Insert employee's department name.
- Employee's Manager - Insert employee's manager's name.
- Type of Absence - Insert type of absence (Sick, Vacation, Bereavement, Time Off Without Pay, Military, Jury Duty, Maternity/Paternity, Other).
- Dates of Absence - Insert the dates of the employee's absence(s).
- Reason for Absence - Insert a summary of the reason for employee's absence.
- Note: "You must submit requests for absences, other than sick leave, two days prior to the first day you will be absent."
- Employee's Signature and Date - Insert employee's signature and date of signature.
- Manager's Approval or Rejection - This area is for the employee's manager to approve or reject.
- Manager's Comments - Insert comments from manager is applicable.
- Manager's Signature and Date - Insert manager's signature and date of signature.
The key principles of managing your employee's and/or volunteer's sicknesses or absences is to keep accurate records of these occurrences. These employee absences must be approved from their manager if at all possible and monitored on a regular basis.
In some cases in which the employee and/or volunteer might have a leave absence from a sickness, hospital stay, surgery, etc. the supervisor and/or manager would need to receive a release to go back to work from the employee's doctor that was treating at the time of absence and the employee would have to present it to the Human Resources Department before they would be able return to work.
Usually, most of the sicknesses that require a day or two off does not require a physician to release them back to work but this would be up to your organization and/or church Human Resources policy and procedures. These releases are a requirement from employees who have had a problem or sickness in which they could not do their physical duties and work at the time of absence.
Click on the link to download the Absence Report below:
Absence HR Request Form
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Human Resources Forms from the Absence Request Sample Form.