Scholarship Application Template and Policy
The Scholarship Application template along with Scholarship Policy and Guidelines are available free to download, customize and print for your church or nonprofit organization.
Many churches and nonprofit organizations give scholarships away to their members, local community students, etc. to help these people out with their education.
The application and guidelines for church scholarships below can be customized to fit your organization and will be a helpful tool to guide you through creating one for your church or nonprofit organization.
Most church scholarships exist to help members in attending college but the application template below has guidelines that will help your organization choose who would be the best recipient to receive these free scholarships whether they be a member or any other person they choose to give it to.
The template and guidelines below for church scholarships includes:
- Church Name, Address, Phone, Website
- Scholarship Application [Year Beginning and Ending]
- Scholarship Opportunities - The [Church Name] has
been generously endowed by church members who have, through gifts and
memorials, established a variety of scholarship funds that provide financial
resources to be awarded to full-time undergraduate students each year. The
value of each scholarship will vary according to the returns on the invested
funds and the number of qualified applicants.
- Application Procedure - 1. Applications will become available at
the beginning of [Month] during the year of application. Applications may be
picked up at the church office or may be acquired from the church website. (See template below for more on application procedures.)
- Personal/Contact Information - Name, Address, College Address, Home Phone, Cell Phone...(See template below for more on personal contact information.)
- School Activities - List group or
individual school activities in which you’re an active member and identify any
leadership role or responsibilities you may have.
- Church Involvement - Identify areas in which you've been active in your church.
- Leisure/Community Activities - List activities
outside of school such as your hobbies, interests, and any community service.
Identify any leadership role or responsibilities you may have. Be specific
- Qualifications - Church membership, academic achievement requirements...(See template below.)
- Academic - Name of High School, Date of Graduation....(See template below.)
- *Please include a copy of your academic transcripts with this
application from high school or college as appropriate. By this application, I
authorize the Scholarship Committee to very my G.P.A., credits and class load.
- Your Faith Journey - 1. Give a brief summary of the main
events in your life and outline your personal as well as your educational
goals...(See template below.)
- References/Letter of Recommendation - Please give the name,
address and phone number of two character references who can attest to your
character, personal and educational goals.
- Thank you for applying
for a Nature Falls UMC Scholarship!
- Scholarship Application Checklist - Completed Application, School Transcript, Recommendation Letter and Photo.
- Applicant's Signature and Date
Click here to access the sample Scholarship Policy and Guidelines.
Click on the link to download the Scholarship Application Template below:
Church Scholarship Application Template and Guidelines
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to FCF Home Page from Church Scholarship Application Template and Guidelines.