Church Voting Ballot Templates (3 Samples)
The Church Voting Ballot Templates (3 Samples) are available below to download, customize and print for your next church voting election(s)...
What is a Ballot? A ballot is a device used to cast votes in an election, and may be a piece of paper. Each voter uses one ballot and the ballots cannot be shared.
A lot of churches hold special meetings to elect members in special areas such as committees, secretarial, pastoral, etc. They also have an election of church officers at the close of each year. It is very important that the church members feel that it is a very fair and democratic election.
In many cases of electing members for to serve on the Nominating Committee, the church members at church will be given a ballot template and each member writes down the names of the persons of their choice. The secret ballot provides complete freedom to vote and this plan gives every church member an equal voice in the voting process.
After this (above), the ballots are tabulated and the seven members receiving the highest number of votes are elected to serve on the Nominating Committee. The size of the committee, of course, is predetermined by Church Board.
In some cases, the ballot also lists the various church offices, after tabulating the poll, the Nominating Committee has some guiding suggestions from the church members on these various offices. The committee, however, is not in no way obligated to follow the poll. Another positive on this plan is that the individuals nominated to an office is more likely to serve because know they were elected by the church members.
There are three sample ballots below are great tools that your church can use as a guideline to create church ballots of their own.
Ballot (Sample #1) includes:
- The Nominating Committee for [Year] office the following nominees, whom we find well qualified to serve, and for whom we thank God. Please note that two important positions (Secretary and Pastoral Relations Committee Board member) remain with a nominee.
- The election will be held at the annual meeting, [Date]
- Officers (one year terms); vote for one candidate for each office (Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary (No Nominee), Treasurer)
- At-Large Elders (one, two or three year terms); vote for 5 (names...)
- Note: Continuing At-Large Elder is [Name] (Sunday School Supt., Asst. Sunday School Supt., Head Usher, Conference Liaison)
- Pastoral Relations Committee (Board, Non-Board) - Auditors (vote for two)
- According to the Church Bylaws, Article __, Section __: "Other candidates for office may be added by a petition signed by two or more active members of the church and filed with the Nominating Committee at least two days prior to the election."
- Therefore please file any such petitions with [Name, phone number and email address], Chair of the Nominating Committee, by Friday, [Date]. The Committee also recommends that members who wish to add a candidate discuss their intention with the Committee before formally asking the nominee, since we may have already considered them.
- Respectfully submitted, Your Nominating Committee (Names...)
Click on the link(s) to download the Church Sample Ballot Template(s) below:
Church Voting Ballot (Sample #1)
Church Ballot (Sample #2)
Church Ballot (Sample #3)
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Home Page from Church Voting Ballot Templates (3 Samples).