Church Accounting Policy Manual (2 Samples)
The Church Accounting Policy Manual(s) are free to help you create your own...
Does your church have written accounting policies organized into a manual in your church office?
Every church and nonprofit should have a manual for accounting policies in their office available for staff members to access at any time. This manual will definitely be an asset and reference guide for your organization/church and will save you tremendous amounts of time in the future by solving problems before they arise.
Do you use QuickBooks for your church accounting needs?
If yes, then the "QuickBooks® for Churches and Other Religious Organizations" by Lisa London, CPA
eBook below is a must for you!
walk you through QuickBooks from start to finish, complete with
examples, terminology, and everything a busy church administrator or
bookkeeper needs to know.
book is written for the beginner and advanced church bookkeepers alike,
in a friendly and easy-to-understand style. It includes:
Click here for more information on "QuickBooks® for Churches and Other Religious Organizations" by Lisa London, CPA.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to set up QuickBooks and utilize it more efficiently for your church
- Valuable tips on how to make QuickBooks work better for churches, both large and small
- Numerous illustrative screenshots and time-saving shortcuts
This accounting manuals below are samples of policies that you can use a guide to create one for your church. If you are a small church you still need to create a basic accounting policy and procedure manual, and you can always add to this manual as your church grows and has more complex needs.
When creating your accounting policy and procedures manual remember to include:
- Responsibilities & Duties of Staff Members - A brief description of each staff member's accounting responsibilities and duties should be included in your manual.
- Internal Controls - In this section you will list your policies for areas such as check writing, deposits, offering counting, bank reconciliations, account reimbursements, credit card usage, etc.
- Audits - Include a section on what kind of audits are performed and how often they are required.
- Budgets - Include a section to define procedures used to create budgets and could include timeline.
- Petty Cash - If applicable, include a section to define who has access to petty cash, etc.
- Financial Reporting and Statements - This section would define what financial reports and/or statements need to be created and how often.
- Records Retention - This section is absolutely necessary to define how long to keep supporting records and documents on file.
- Fixed Asset Management and Disposal - This section should include the recording, capitalization, and disposal of all fixed assets. This is very important.
There are many more items you can include depending on your church. It is better to have these policies in place before the problem or situation arises. Remember though, your accounting policy and procedures manual will be a work in progress and you can add policies as you go.
Click on the link(s) to download the file(s) below:
Church Accounting Policy Manual (Sample)#1
Church A.P. Manual (Sample) #2
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
**The information here below will be secure and your privacy will be maintained.**
Free eBook - "Top 10 Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
"The Form Gallery"
FreeChurchForms.com Monthly Newsletter (Free)
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Church Policy Manual from Church Accounting Policy Manual.