Board Meeting Effectiveness Checklist
The Board Meeting Effectiveness Checklist (Sample) is available free to download, customize and print for your Church Board Meetings...
The checklist below for board meetings is a convenient tool to have to check for the effectiveness of the meetings and help improve in areas where needed.
Sometimes board meetings or any other meeting for that matter can become unorganized and sometimes dysfunctional if your not careful. Organization is a must in any type of meeting to get the maximum effectiveness and benefits for your organization or church.
Sometimes your meetings can spiral into off the subject matters and can vary off from the agenda easily if someone is not keeping the meeting organized. It's often good to have a checklist to see if your board meeting is going smoothly and in an organized fashion.
The checklist below to check for effectiveness at your board meetings includes:
- Church Name
- Title of Checklist - Evaluating the Effectiveness of Board Meetings Checklist
- Statement - Notification of the board meeting was sent out at least a week before the meeting. All necessary papers were sent out in advance (not handed out at the meeting). The meeting room was conductive to work and to the comforts of the board members. Board members arrived on time (perhaps a lttle before the meeting to chat and get organized).
- Checklist Items (Below) -
- There was a quorum
- The meeting began on time
- The purpose of the meeting was clear
- The meeting began on a positive note
- New people and guests were introduced to the board
- There was adequate information regarding all matters for discussion and decision
- The atmosphere was open and productive
- The agenda was appropriate for the time frame
- The agenda was followed, or if needed to be altered, was, with the consent of the board members
- Issues and problems were openly adequately presented
- If necessary, Roberts' Rules of Order were followed
- There was adequate time for discussion on separate items
- There was a conclusion to discussions: summarizing, things to do, who will do what by when
- Votes were taken as necessary
- Board members all participated as appropriate, kept to the agenda, listened to others and avoided side meeting that were distracting
- The board chair kept things in order and moving along
- Board members were thanked for their participation, work and involvement
- The meeting ended on time
You should follow your church guidelines
(policy and procedures) for your church board meetings but the sample checklist below might help you if your just starting a new church, etc. Remember you can modify (add or delete checklist items) the checklist to fit your board meetings.
Click on the link to download the sample Board Meeting Effectiveness Checklist below:
Board Meeting Effectiveness Checklist (Sample)
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Church Board Meeting Agenda from Board Meeting Effectiveness Checklist (Sample).