!—- ShareThis BEGIN -—> <!—- ShareThis END -—>
Check out the Five Ways for Your Church to Honor Veterans that is available free to download and print for your church or home for your special Veterans Day events to download 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at your convenience.
Veteran's Day is observed annually on November 11th to give us an opportunity to be able to say Thank you and honor our veterans.
Most churches will designate the church service closest to Veteran's Day or the weekend service closest to it to honor their veterans.
There has been some churches ask their veterans how would they prefer to be recognized and honored on Veteran's Day and the five ways below reflect what they suggested.
Here are the Five Ways to Honor Veterans at Your Church (Printable below):
1. Thank Them for Their Service – Invite members of your congregation to thank them for their service or write "Thank You" notes to veterans during the week of Veteran's Day.
2. Encourage Members to Sit Down with a Veteran and Ask Them to Share a Story - Encourage your members to listen to these awesome stories of veterans, stories they will most likely find informative and inspiring.
3. Offer a Brief Recognition Through a Prayer - Offer a brief, genuine, specific moment through a prayer of recognition from the pulpit prior to worship, perhaps stating, "Today as we prepare to worship, we express our gratitude to all those in our congregation who have served in our nation's military. Your service enables us to enjoy many freedoms, especially the freedom to gather and worship here today."
4. Plan a Communion and Prayer Service - Try to plan a Communion and Prayer Service maybe at the evening weekend service where the church prays for all of the active-duty military personnel and the veterans who have already served. Invite families to call the name(s) of their family members who are actively serving or who have served and then light a candle in their honor.
5. Have Church Members Visit a Veterans Facility - Invite some members to go as a church to visit veterans at a Veterans facility or at their home(s). Many of these veterans do not have family who come to visit them. They can sit with them and let them tell their stories of when they served our great country.Click on the link to download the five ways to honor veterans in your church below:
Five Ways for Your Church to Honor Veterans
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Free eBook - "Top 10 Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
Subscribe to "The Form Gallery"
FreeChurchForms.com Monthly Newsletter (Free)
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Veterans Day page from the Five Ways for Your Church to Honor Veterans (Printable).
Collection of all the Church Forms, Flyers, Certificates...(1,000+) on FreeChurchForms.com available on CD or Instant Download - each form available in Microsoft Office Word editable format. Plus 5 Free Bonuses!
The Church Forms CD is Convenient and Saves Time
Need an Affordable, User Friendly Church Membership Database? Shepherdbase Could Be Just What You Have Been Looking For...Available on CD or Instant Download.
Need an Affordable, User Friendly Event/Sermon Tracking Database? Pastoral Recordbase Could Be Just What You Have Been Looking For. Available on CD or Instant Download.
(Shepherdbase CD & Church Forms CD with 1,000+ forms, flyers...along with Free Bonuses) - Also Instant Download Available!
(Shepherdbase CD, Church Forms CD with 1,000+ forms... & Pastoral Recordbase CD along with Free Bonuses) - Also Instant Download Available!
Church Offering Envelope Templates
Very easy to download, modify and print on your blank envelopes.
Powerful Church Software
Are you tired of trying to manage your church from several different systems and spreadsheets?
You need Aplos.
Cloud-based software to handle your accounting, people, and giving from one platform.
Church Finances Accounting Book
Are you stressed about your church accounting? If yes, then you need this accounting book!
Does your church use QuickBooks? If yes, then the "QuickBooks for Churches and Other Religious Organizations" by Lisa London, CPA eBook below is a must for you!
walk you through QuickBooks from start to finish, complete with
examples, terminology, and everything a busy church administrator or
bookkeeper needs to know. For more information just click the link above!
Check out FreeChurchForms.com on Your Mobile!