Job Descriptions (Treasurer, Church Finance Committee, Financial Secretary & Financial Ministry Assistant)
Free Sample Job Descriptions for Treasurer, Church Finance Committee, Financial Secretary and Financial Ministry Assistant to download, customize, print...
This description of the job duties for Treasurer below states the primary purpose of the Church Treasurer is to disburse all funds received into the church treasury in a responsible and organized manner with funds identified and bills paid when due, so that the mission and ministry of the congregation are supported and strengthened.
The Church Financial Secretary description below states the primary purpose of this job position is to receive, record and deposit all funds taken into the church treasury, and forward information to the Church Treasurer for use in support of the mission and ministry of the congregation.
The general job responsibilities and duties of the Church Financial Secretary includes:
- Work according to the policies and procedures established by the Trustee Board or Financial Management Committee/Team.
- Receive, record and receipt funds from all sources and report them to the Church Treasurer, Trustee Board or Financial Management Committee/Team.
- Receive offerings collected during worship services and count them at the conclusion of the services, ensuring more than one person is involved collecting and counting the offerings.
- Ensure funds are deposited in a bank as soon as possible after they are received. Deposits should be made within three days of receipt.
- Establish a procedure to collect and record funds received other than through regular offerings, including funds received the mail or electronically.
- Produce individual charitable gift report summaries of all donations received during a calendar year and mail within two weeks of the end of that year. (Churches may choose to produce individual reports quarterly.)
- Report regularly to the Trustee Board or Financial Management/Committee/Team regarding total funds pledged and actually received for the year.
- Report to the congregation at Annual Meeting regarding total funds pledged (if appropriate) and actually received for the year.
- Inform and encourage regular, systematic giving by congregation through providing information regarding electronic giving.
- Maintain confidentially of all financial information pertaining to receiving, recording and depositing of funds.
There are also the Financial Ministry Assistant which is similar to the Financial Secretary but different and the Church Finance Committee job descriptions below to download, customize, print...
There are many more free job sample descriptions on FreeChurchForms.com that you can access by clicking the link on the bottom of this page.
Click on the link(s) to download the Human Resources Job Position(s) below:
Church Finance Committee
Church Financial Secretary
Financial Ministry Assistant
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
**The information here below will be secure and your privacy will be maintained.**
Free eBook - "Top 10 Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
"The Form Gallery"
FreeChurchForms.com Monthly Newsletter (Free)
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Job Descriptions from Treasurer and Financial Secretary.