just wanting to know what my duties as the church secretary are.
by rhonda Ayers
(Edna Tx, JAckson)
what r all the duties as a church secretary
The Church Secretarial duties and responsibilities are usually specified in the governing documents of the church. A brief summary, however, may be expressed in this way:
- Prepare records for the church in an accurate , thorough, up-to-date, useable, and prompt a way as possible.
- Preserve the records of the church; and
- Provide service and assistance to the church and others in a punctual, friendly and courteous manner.
Some other secretarial duties may even be:
- Being the recording officer of the church that includes being responsible for the minutes and records of the church board and committees.
- Arranging and managing church meetings.
- Maintaining rosters of ordained ministers, all other personnel, congregation , etc.
- Maintaining records and reporting parochial statistics.
- Implementing and operating a records management system for the church.
- Maintaining an annual report of the congregations in a form that will summarize the information for availability at any given time.
- Overseeing the archives.
Attesting to all the documentation that requires signatures; and
- Performing other duties as prescribed in your church bylaws.
You can get your copy of the Church Secretary Job Description here:
Church Secretary Job Description
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Church Secretary.