The Letter of Good Standing for Pastor (Sample) is available free to download below and can be used as a tool to create one for your church administrative office...
What does good standing mean?
A person or organization in good standing is regarded as having complied with all their explicit obligations, while not being subject to any form of sanction, suspension or disciplinary censure.
There are many reasons why you might need a letter of this type below and the sample below is for a pastor to be granted permission to pursue his or her pastoral ministry for the specific time period requested. Your church also might need one for their pastor or minister wanting to officiate weddings, etc.
The sample letter below is a request from the church congregation leader to grant the pastor permission to pursue his or her pastoral ministry for the time period requested . This sample letter includes:
[Title of Letter]
I, the undersigned, , hereby certify that is a pastor in good standing from our congregation at [Church Name] who enjoys all the faculties for the exercise of his pastoral ministry.
After having personally known him for 10 years, reviewing his personal file, checking with those who worked with him in previous assignments and checking with his congregation which includes me, I’m able to certify without qualification that:
1. He is a pastor in good standing.
2. He’s never been suspended or disciplined.
3. No criminal charges have ever been brought against him nor does he have a criminal record.
4. He’s never behaved in such a way as to indicate that he might deal with minors or adults in an inappropriate manner.
5. He doesn’t have a current untreated alcohol or substance abuse problem.
6. He doesn’t have a current untreated emotional or mental health problem.
7. He has never been involved in any incident to my knowledge, which called into question his fitness or suitability to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of his pastoral ministry.
I’m able to state without qualification that is of good character and reputation and qualified to perform his pastoral duties. I hereby grant him permission to pursue his pastoral ministry for the time period requested.
[Signature of Congregation Leader]
[Title of Congregation Leader]
[Date Written and Signed]