Minister of Recreation (Activities)
The Minister of Recreation (Activities) Job Description is available free to download and print for your church administrative or HR office...
The job description template for the minister over all recreational activities is important to have as a tool to know exactly what this job covers and what all the responsibilities are for this employee of the church.
The Activities and Recreation Ministry at church should provide a non-threatening atmosphere in your church for those who are looking for a place to worship. It should give the members and visitors a place to enjoy recreational activities and maintain their physical fitness in a Christian environment.
The Activities and Recreation Ministry needs to provide the church family recreational outlets for their church and the community. Examples would be athletic leagues such as softball, basketball, volleyball and soccer. Other examples would be summer camps, church fellowship, pool tables, bumper pool, ping pong, foosball and many other recreational activities.
This job description for the recreational activities minister includes:
- Job Title
- Reports To
- Position Status
- Purpose - The Min. of Recreation (Activities) is responsible to the Min. of Education for planning, conducting and evaluating a program of recreation for church members and other persons in the community.
- Responsibilities -
- Direct the planning, conducting and evaluating of the recreational activities in the church
- Coordinate the scheduling and administer the
activities in the recreation center.
- Maintain and supervise the repair of
recreational facility. Be responsible for the inventory, care, repair and
storage of recreation equipment and supplies.
- Schedule activities of
paid and volunteer workers.
- Periodically review and evaluate recreational policies and programs.
- Participate in a weekly hospital and prospect visitation.
- Provide leadership training for both paid and volunteer workers.
- Serve as a recreation resource person and advisor to organizations of the church as requested.
- Provide representation for the church in planning, conducting and evaluating recreation activities that involve churches and groups.
- Cooperate with associational and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
- Acknowledgment Statement - I have read and received a copy of my job description. I understand this
overrides anything I have been given or told in the past. I further understand
that I am expected to follow my job as outlined above, and that if I have any
questions concerning what is expected of me, I will speak with my immediate
supervisor identified above.
- Employee's Signature and Date of Signature
Click the link at the bottom of this page to get access to many other job description samples in all areas of the church.
Click on the link to download the job description below:
Minister of Recreation (Activities) Job Description
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
**The information here below will be secure and your privacy will be maintained.**
Free eBook - "Top 10 Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
"The Form Gallery"
FreeChurchForms.com Monthly Newsletter (Free)
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Church Job Descriptions from Minister of Recreation (Activities) Job Description.