Church Accountant Job Description (Bookkeeper)
Church Accountant Job Description free below along with Church Bookkeeping Practices Policy and Procedure to download...
The purpose of the Church Accountant - Bookkeeper Job Description is to provide financial services to church members and professional church staff.
The Church Accountant has the overall responsibility for the management of the accounting business office and often including supervision of the staff or volunteer assistants.
Do you use QuickBooks for your church accounting needs?
If yes, then the "QuickBooks® for Churches and Other Religious Organizations" by Lisa London, CPA
eBook below is a must for you!
walk you through QuickBooks from start to finish, complete with
examples, terminology, and everything a busy church administrator or
bookkeeper needs to know.
book is written for the beginner and advanced church bookkeepers alike,
in a friendly and easy-to-understand style. It includes:
Click here for more information on "QuickBooks® for Churches and Other Religious Organizations" by Lisa London, CPA.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to set up QuickBooks and utilize it more efficiently for your church
- Valuable tips on how to make QuickBooks work better for churches, both large and small
- Numerous illustrative screenshots and time-saving shortcuts
The Church Bookkeeping Practices Policy and Procedure is available free to download, customize for your church and print so that your bookkeeper will have organization, just click the link above.
There are many key responsibilities and duties with this particular job position including the ones on the job description below for Church Accountant/Bookkeeping:
- To obtain and record pledges made
during the [Special Church Event].
- To prepare quarterly giving or contribution statements.
- To enter weekly contributions to general fund, building fund, special
funds, and donor designated funds.
- To keep confidential all financial contribution information.
- To enter all invoices submitted for payment, cut checks, submit to
treasurer for signature, and prepare for mailing.
- To balance checking account and investment accounts and submit
reconciliation to treasurer for signature.
- To submit to the church treasurer and church administrator a listing of
all checks written during the month.
- To prepare monthly reports for the Church Board and individual ministry
- To process payroll on a biweekly basis.
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly payroll tax forms and make
necessary deposits, and prepare W-2s at year-end.
- Prepare a yearly budget draft for review and adoption by the Church
- To back up the computer system.
- To prepare for and cooperate with those appointed to perform a yearly
audit of financial records.
- To prepare year-end financial reports for annual meeting.
- To perform other necessary and related work as may be assigned.
The Church Accountant job description below is a sample in which you can use to create your own job description and go by your church duties for a Church Accountant or Bookkeeper according to your Church Bylaws.
You can access many more free church job descriptions that will help you in your administrative or human resources office by clicking the link on the bottom of this page.
Click on the link to download the Associate Pastor JD below:
Church Accountant Job Description (Bookkeeper)
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Job Descriptions from Church Accountant JD.