Church Clerk Job Description and Report/Form (Samples)
The Church Clerk job description and Report/Form (Samples) are available free to download, customize for your church or nonprofit organization and print for your Human Resources Department, church administrative office....
The sample job description for church clerks below can be used as a guide to help you create a job description specific to your church. Every church may not have a church clerk they might have a church secretary instead depending on their church.
Church clerk duties vary from church to church. In larger churches the duties can include specific assigned duties but in smaller churches they might include a wider range of services including secretarial. A lot of duties could include:
- Working as Church Officer
- Attending Business Meetings
- Maintaining Church Membership Records
- Preparing Documents
- Keeping Records
The Church Clerk sample job description below includes:
- Heading - Includes church name and job description title, job title, reports to and position status.
- Purpose -
The Church Clerk maintains accurate and timely documentation of all church proceedings, membership and business transactions.
- Responsibilities - 1. Assisting in the preparation of the agenda for
all Church Business Meetings including regular and special called meetings, usually
sending proper notice for both according to the Church Bylaws. 2. Keeping an accurate record of all business
transactions/comments/motions made in a Church Business Conference.
3. Reviewing all minutes of the Church Business
Conference and provides copies for all attendees. Reads the minutes and accepts
4. Maintaining an accurate church membership roll
so that transfers and drops are performed after church vote or notification is
made. (See sample job description below for rest of the responsibilities.)
- Church Clerks Should NOT Do - 1. Count money or keep contribution records - this
responsibility is for the Church Treasurer and Finance Committee.
2. Sign documents and contracts on behalf of the
church – this is the responsibility of the Trustees. 3. Dismiss, transfer or drop any church member
from the role without the church voting on the member. 4. Serve in a duel role as Treasurer. 5. Serve as the Moderator.
- Statement - I have read and received a copy of my job
description. I understand this overrides anything I have been given or told in
the past. I further understand that I am expected to follow my job as outlined
above, and that if I have any questions concerning what is expected of me, I
will speak with my immediate supervisor identified above.
- Church Clerk Signature and Date
- Revised Date
There is also a sample Church Clerk Report/Form below which includes:
- Church Name and Report Title
- For Quarter - 1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter or 4th Quarter
- Fellowship Meeting Minutes - [Month/Day/Year] - Letters granted to other churches? Name, Church Name, City/State
- Membership Report - Number of Guests in Attendance: Joined by Letter, Joined by Baptism, Total Additions...
- Total Number in Attendance - Beginner (Age 0-2), Kindergarten (Age 3-5), Primary (Age 6-9), Junior (Age 10-13), Youth (Age 14-18) and Adult (Age 19 and Up)
Click on the link(s) to download the Church Job Description and Report/Form for church clerks below:
Church Clerk Job Description (Sample)
Church Clerk Quarterly Report/Form (Sample)
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Church Job Descriptions from Church Clerk Job Description and Report/Form (Samples).