Social Media Policy (Sample for Churches)
The Social Media Policy (Sample) for churches or non-profit organizations is available free to download, customize and print for your church administrative office, Human Resources Dept...
What is social media?
Social media is the collective of online communication channels dedicated to community-based input, interaction, content-sharing and collaboration.
Websites and applications dedicated to forums, social networking, social bookmarking, social curation and microblogging are among some types of social media.
Here are just some of many examples:
- Facebook is a very popular free social networking website that allows their registered users to create profiles, send messages and keep in touch with their friends, family and coworkers and upload photos and videos.
- Twitter is a free microblogging that allows registered users to post messages called tweets.
- LinkedIn is a social networking website designed for the business community that allows registered users to establish and document networks of people they know and trust professionally to share their business posts.
- Pinterest is a social curation for sharing and categorizing images found online. The main focus of the website is visual but they do require a brief description with images. Clicking on the images will take you to the original source.
The policy below for social media includes:
- Church Name - Insert your church name here.
- Policy Title - Insert the name of your policy here.
- Purpose - To be a living document to reflect current needs of [Church Name] office. To help facilitate safe spaces for conversation, community and dialogue within [Church Name] on social media outlets, the following policy will be observed in the management of user-generated content submitted to [Church Name] social media platforms. (See policy below for rest of the purpose.)
- General Guidelines - This policy provides guidelines for employees and/or volunteers to follow when they use social media tools on behalf of [Church Name], or when [Church Name] becomes part of a social media dialogue. 1. Posts should contain family-friendly content only. No post can contain content unsuitable for viewing by children. This policy prohibits cursing, posting of adult acts or material, and/or any posts that include URLs linking to pages containing the aforementioned content. (See policy below for rest of the guidelines.)
- Statement - Posts and comments that don’t adhere to the following guidelines are in conflict with the mission of [Church Name] and are subject to removal. Repeated violation of this policy may result in a user being blocked or removed from [Church Name] platforms.
- Signatures - Insert any authorized signatures here.
- Revised Date - Insert the date policy was revised.
Click on the link to download the Policy for Social Media for churches below:
Church Social Media Policy (Sample)
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Church Policy Manual from Social Media Policy (Sample Policy for Churches).