Budget Finance Committee Job Description (Sample)
The Budget Finance Committee job description (sample) is available free to download, customize for your church or nonprofit organization and print for your Human Resources Department, church administrative office, etc.
The sample job description for Budget Committee below can be used as a guide to help you create a job description specific for your church committee for budget (finances). Every church may not have a church budget but might download it for maybe further expectations.
Before the church develops a budget each year, the Church Budget Committee or Finance Committee asks the heads of the other church committees and groups to submit written requests for funds. The committee then meets to put together the church budget, taking into account payroll for paid positions, the committee requests, overhead costs and special funds.
The Budget Finance Committee job description below includes:
- Church Name & Job Description Title
- Job Title
- Reports To
- Position Status - Full/Part-Time
- Purpose - The [Church Name] Budget (Finance) Committee assists in establishing the global budget based on revenue projections and allocates dollars to individual departments.
- Responsibilities - 1. Coordinate the submission of program financial needs and prepare an annual itemized budget for approval by the church, and once approved, the administration of this budget. 2. Recommend and maintain appropriate fiscal policies for the church. 3. Prepare with the treasurer and/or financial secretary a monthly financial report of all receipts and disbursements for the business meeting. 4. Coordinate fiscal and personnel activities with church staff, committees and programs. 5. Provide an annual report of all financial activities (receipts, disbursements and investments) to the church. (See the sample job description below for rest of the Budget Committee responsibilities.)
- Statement - I have read and received a copy of my job
description. I understand this overrides anything I have been given or told in
the past. I further understand that I am expected to follow my job as outlined
above, and that if I have any questions concerning what is expected of me, I
will speak with my immediate supervisor identified above.
- Budget Finance Committee Signature and Date
- Revised Date - This is where you insert the date the job description was revised if applicable.
Click on the link to download the job description for the Church Budget Committee below:
Budget (Finance) Committee Job Description (Sample)
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Church Job Descriptions from Budget (Finance) Committee Job Description (Sample).