Church Choir Job Descriptions
The Church Choir job descriptions (Church Choir Director and Choir) below are available free to download, customize and print for your church administrative office, Human Resources Department, etc. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It is a blessing and a privilege to be in a church choir but to be in a choir you have to keep your voice healthy. A few ways to do this is to drink enough, do not harrumph and whisper, and during hoarseness take a break from singing!
The job descriptions below are samples to use and modify them for your church choir members in your church.
The Church Choir Director job description below includes:
The Church Choir Director leads and directs the choir during worship. They’re also responsible for scheduling choir rehearsals, selecting appropriate music and managing annual choir budgets.
- Primary Function of Position: To rehearse the Senior Choir for their active participation and leadership role in the scheduled Sunday worship services and other services as required.
- The Choir Director shall select all choral anthems to be sung by the choir. Music should be appropriate for use in the [Church Name] service and, if possible, follow the theme or the lessons appointed for the day. Music selections shall be made in consultation with the Pastor whenever possible, and given to the organist well in advance of their rehearsal and performance by the choir.
- Choir anthems shall be sung under the direction of the Choir Director at worship services weekly, unless other choirs, soloists or other arrangements have been made. The Choir Director shall also, upon request, arrange for choir members participation in other portions of the service.
- The director will be responsible for the choir’s appearance, sound and delivery.
- Choirs shall rehearse weekly and at additional times as identified by special needs, with rehearsals conducted by the Choir Director.
- Performance and celebration with special choir selections or programs of music is encouraged from time to time for the promotion of choral worship and the general spiritual health of the congregation. Special programs are normally presented seasonally and on Church Music Sunday. Arrangements for special soloists, accompanists or instrumentalist will be made the Choir Director. (See job description below for Choir Director for rest of responsibilities.)
Terms of Employment - (See job description below.)
Statement - (See job description below.)
Signatures and Dates - This is where the Choir Director and his supervisor will sign and date.
Revised - This is where you insert the date you revised the job description is applicable.
Click on the link(s) below to download the job description(s):
Church Choir Job Description
Church Choir Director Job Description
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Church Job Descriptions from Church Choir Job Descriptions (Choir and Choir Director).