Church Custodian Job Description (Samples)
The Church Custodian job description (samples) are available free to download, customize and print for your church or nonprofit organization and for your Human Resources Department, church administrative office....
The two sample job descriptions for church custodians below can be used as a guide or tool to help you create a job description specific to your church. Every church may not have a church custodian but most of them do have one and they need to have a job description specific to their church needs.
Church custodian duties usually vary from church to church depending on the size of the church or organization.
The Church Custodian sample #2 job description below includes:
- Heading - Includes church name and job description title, job title, reports to and position status.
- Position Summary - Responsible for the appearance, cleanliness, maintenance and security of the building and grounds of the [Church Name].
- Job Responsibilities and Duties - 1. Keep the building clean, attractive and well‐maintained, inside and out. 2. Maintain attractive grounds, performing basic functions as cutting grass, care of flowerbeds, shoveling
snow, arranging for snow to be removed from the parking lot, and other maintenance duties. 3. Perform minor repairs, including but not limited to masonry, electrical systems, plumbing and
immediate temporary repairs in an emergency. (See sample #2 job description below for rest of the responsibilities and duties.)
- Job Skills and Requirements - 1. Knowledge of basic HVAC and mechanical functions of a large non‐residential building. 2. Good organizational and planning skills and an ability to delegate to other employees and volunteers. (See sample #2 below fore more Job Skills and Requirements.)
- Evaluation and Compensation - The Church Custodian works directly under the Church Administrator and receives an annual performance
evaluation. Compensation is reviewed annually.
- Statement - I have read and received a copy of my job
description. I understand this overrides anything I have been given or told in
the past. I further understand that I am expected to follow my job as outlined
above, and that if I have any questions concerning what is expected of me, I
will speak with my immediate supervisor identified above.
- Church Custodian Signature and Date
- Revised Date
You can review the two samples below and choose which one to modify to fit your Church Custodian's responsibilities, etc.
Click on the link(s) to download the church job descriptions for church custodians below:
Church Custodian Job Description (Sample #1)
Church Custodian JD (Sample #2)
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Church Job Descriptions from Church Custodian Job Description (Samples).