Elder Job Description
The Elder Job Description below is free to download for your church 24/7...
The Elder Position Description is an important form to have in your church administration
files. It contains details of the qualifications, duties and responsibilities of the
Elders must be a members of the church. Elders must be
active in the congregation's life and give evidence of seeking to grow
in their own understanding and practice of the Christian life. Elders should also share in the pastoral, church growth, and teaching functions of the ministry.
1. Elders must be members of the church.
2. Elders must be active in the congregation’s life and give evidence of seeking to grow in their own understanding and practice of the Christian life. Such evidence should include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Conduct of one’s life in light of the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Promotion of good will and Christian fellowship in the congregation and community.
- Regular attendance at worship services and stated meetings of the congregation.
- Regular and faithful contributions to the support of the congregation and its outreach programs.
- Willingness to fulfill assignments on behalf of the congregation.
- Demonstrated gifts and skills or evident potential in carrying out the responsibilities of an Elder.
Elder Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. Share in the pastoral, church growth, and teaching functions of the ministry, such as:
- Providing communion to the homebound.
- Serving as the shepherd for an assigned “flock” of congregation members and regular visitors. Regularly communicate with your assigned flock to discuss any other matters of importance to
them. Make yourself available to provide spiritual comfort and support to members of your flock both at church functions and away from church if requested. Monitor attendance of the members of your flock and contact them to discuss any concerns if there is a significant change in their attendance pattern.
- Attending the regular monthly Elder’s meeting.
- Attending and/or conducting Christian education classes.
- Participating in scheduled Elder workshops and/or retreats.
2. Prepare and present the Communion Meditation and Communion Prayer and preside at the communion table as the representative of the congregation.
3. Assist and/or conduct the service in the absence of the Pastor.
4. Provide supportive counsel to the Minister(s) regarding spiritual life and development of the congregation.
Click on the link to download the file below:
Elder Job Description
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Church Job Descriptions from Elder Job Description.