FDPP Month Seven
FDPP Month Seven (Family Disaster Preparedness Plan) is available below...
The Family Disaster Preparedness Plan Month Seven is available to download, modify and print for your
Family Disaster Preparedness Plan.
The Family Disaster Preparedness Plan Month Seven includes four Utility Safety forms below to ensure that you and
your family will know how to shut off the utilities in case of an
emergency or disaster.
Activities for the Family Disaster Preparedness Plan Month 7 includes:
- The detailed information on how to shut off a gas meter, the water
main and water meter, and the power supply to your house are below.
Print these information sheets and add them to your Family Disaster Plan
notebook for handy reference.
- Calendar date and time for meeting this month to get together
as a family and review this information as well as practice shut-off
- First, locate the shut-off valve for the water line that enters your house.
- Make sure this valve can be completely shut off. If your valve is rusted open or only partially closes, replace it.
- Label this valve with a tag that says, “water main”, or use a permanent marker to write the word, “water main”, on the pipe.
- If your house doesn’t have a water main valve, you will have to turn off your water supply at the meter.
- Locate the concrete meter box for your house. If it’s located
near a neighbor’s water meter, put your house number on the lid with a
- Follow the directions on the Information Sheet.
- Second, locate your electricity circuit box.
- Follow directions on the Information Sheet for shutting off the power to your house.
- Third, locate the gas meter for your house if you have natural gas service.
- Make sure that the on/off valve will turn. It only takes ¼ turn
in either direction to shut off the gas, so be careful. Moving it about
1/8 of a turn is all that is needed to assure yourself that it can be
- If your valve is rusted open, try soaking it with a WD-40 type product for a few days.
- If you accidentally turn the gas off while practicing, you MUST call a qualified gas representative to come and turn it on for you. Turning it on yourself will create a gas leak in your home.
- Attach a wrench to the meter or to the wall directly behind the meter is the last activity in FDPP Month Seven.
Click on the link(s) to download the Family Disaster Preparedness Plan Month Seven file(s) below:
Emergency Gas Shut Off Information
Emergency Power Shut Off Information
Emergency Water Shut Off Information
Site Plan Information Sheet
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Family Disaster Preparedness Plan from FDPP Month Seven.