Prayer Team Job Descriptions
The Prayer Team Job Descriptions (2 Samples for team and leader) below are free to download, customize and print for your Church Administrative Office/Human Resources Dept...
Almost every church has a team that will pray when prayer requests come through even if the request isn't urgent at the time. They are specialized team that will rise at the need of getting a hold of God in a timely manner.
This job description samples are available below for both the team and the team leader if needed to use as a tool or guide to develop a personal one for your church, etc.
The team of prayer warriors are normally volunteers in the church but sometimes are employees. In either case, a job description is great for organization of the church so every one knows exactly what is expected of them as a team.
The purpose of the team is to uphold the congregation and its ministries and also the community in prayer and to educate, empower and inspire the congregation in their prayer lives.
The key responsibilities and duties of the team itself include:
- Receive and pray for concerns and requests from individuals in the congregation.
- Be available to pray with someone if the need arises.
- Cover the various ministry teams of [Church Name] with prayer and to receive any prayer concerns
they may have.
- Make the Prayer Room a peaceful environment, supplied with prayer
resources for anyone desiring a place to pray.
- Work with the Pastor Senior to provide opportunities for the congregation
to enrich their prayer lives.
- Provide a prayer shield for the Pastor(s).
- Provide an article or testimony about prayer for the church newsletter on
a quarterly basis.
- Facilitate the prayer meetings.
- Facilitate the prayer chain for the congregation.
- Develop annual budget.
- Discern future direction and needs of the team.
The purpose of the team leader is to uphold the congregation and its ministries and also the community in prayer and to educate, empower and inspire the congregation and team in their prayer lives.
The key responsibilities and duties of the team leader include:
- Coordinate and facilitate all
meetings of the team.
- Pray for and encourage the team members.
- Recruit new team members.
- Be a liaison for the team to the Pastor(s), Consistory, and other
- Delegate responsibilities to team members.
- Arrange for purchase of spiritual and prayer materials for the Prayer
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Train and encourage a future Prayer Team Leader.
- Continue seeking the Lord’s direction for our team.
There are many more free church job descriptions on FreeChurchForms.com that you can access by clicking the link on the bottom of this page.
Click on the link(s) to download the Job Description Sample(s) below:
Prayer Team Job Description
Prayer Leader for the Team Job Description
If you need to modify this form, try the site: Free PDF Services
. You can convert this Adobe file into a Word document free of charge
and make the necessary changes.
You will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer in order to save or open these forms.
You can get Adobe Reader free here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on one of the links above. However, if you want to download the file to view later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As". Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
If you would like to receive access to the FreeChurchForms.com Table of Contents
that has all the free church forms, certificates, flyers, brochures, letters, games and more that are listed in alphabetical order by category with links leading to the page to immediately download just simply sign up for my free monthly newsletter below. You will also receive access to my free 14 Page eBook - "Top Ten Tips on How to Organize Your Office"
as a Thank You Gift for signing up. Enjoy! :)
Note: These sample forms are meant to serve as example forms and should not be construed as legal documents. Please contact a legal professional for legal language for your specific organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Return to Job Descriptions from Prayer Team Job Descriptions (2 Samples).